Binary DiSorb™ Diffuser-Absorbers are offered with a flat or convex face that is wrapped with a decorative fabric facing to complement your overall design and color palette. The designs include a concealed screen component of optimized, semi-random patterns of perforations intended to balance and promote desirable diffusive back-scattering of mid and high frequency acoustical sound energy along with providing frequency-discriminate sound absorption; all from one product. The Convex+ Binary DiSorb™ utilizes itâs curved face to further increase back-scattering of sound energy.
Binary DiSorb™ Diffuser-Absorbers are the ideal decorative wall & ceiling treatment for rooms and spaces where sound and noise control are a consideration. Some applications include:
Lecture Halls — Auditoriums — Performing Arts Centers — Churches — Recording Spaces — Music Rooms — Office Buildings — Courtrooms
- Tuned, Lightweight Diffuser-Absorber for Ceiling & Wall Installations
- Available as a Flat Panel or Convex Shape
- Concealed Screen Component of Optimized, Semi-Random Perforation Patterns to Balance & Promote Desirable Diffusive Back-Scattering of Mid & High Frequency Sound Energy Along with Providing Frequency-Discriminate Sound Absorption
- Binary DiSorb™ Convex+ Utilizes Its Curved Face to Further Increase Back-Scattering of Sound Energy
- Design Flexibility with Standard and Custom Sizes & Shapes Available
- Decorative Fabric Facings from Guilford of Maine as well as Designer Selections from Maharam, Carnegie, DesignTex, Knoll, & More!
- Custom-Printed Digital Imaging Available
- Standard and Custom Sizes & Shapes Available
- LEED Credit Eligibility With Installation of These Products
- Core: 6-7 PCF Fiberglass
- Core Facing: Concealed Screen Component of Optimized, Semi-Random Perforation Patterns
- Thickness (Nominal): 1″, 2″, 3″, 4″
- Sizes: Any Size Up to 48″ x 120″
- Special Sizes & Shapes: Available Upon Request
- Edge Profile: Square, Bevel, Radius, Miter, Others Available Upon Request
- Fabric: Decorative Fabric Facings, Designer Selection or C.O.M.
- Fasteners: Z-Clip, Z-Bar, Impaling, Hook & Loop
- Dimensional Tolerance: +/- 1/16″ (.0625″)
- Fire Performance: Class 1/A, UL 723 / ASTM E84